For NOX reducing-additive SCR systems
The AdBlue® NOx reducing additive is designed for reducing nitrogen oxide emissions from vehicles equipped with SCR (selective catalytic reduction) systems. The German Automobile Association (VDA) guarantees the high and consistent quality of AdBlue.
Helpful tips for using AdBlue Correctly
- Do not use your vechicle without AdBlue!
- AdBlue is a highly corrosive substance, so only use tools and equipment guaranteed to suit the purpose when storing and filling it
- Ensure that storage temperature is between -10C and +30C year round; AdBlue will freeze below and start to decompose intensively above, these limits
- Take care to prevent contaminants, water, fuel, dust, etc. from entering AdBlue, because this may result in malfunction of the SCR system’s elements.
AdBlue – FAQs
Will my vechicle run without AdBlue?
Yes, but the vehicle’s pollutant emissions will increase above permitted levels. The vechicle’s onboard diagnostic systems (OBD) will reduce performance until the AdBlue tank is refilled.
Is AdBlue a diesel additive?
No, AdBlue feed operates as a stand-alone system. AdBlue must not be mixed with fuel.
Will use of AdBlue reduce fuel consumption?
Yes, indirectly. Diesel engines requiring SCR technology are low consumption by design, i.e. their power efficiency is good.
How long can I keep AdBlue?
It can be used for 12 months after opening the storage container and as long as suitable storage criteria are adhered to.
Is AdBlue a hazardous material?
No. AdBlue additive is a colourless, water-like liquid with a slight ammonium smell. It is non-toxic, non-hazardous and non-inflammable.
Is it possible to dilute AdBlue with anything?
No. Although AdBlue is 67,5% water, diluting it, even with distilled water, will result in SCR system malfunction.
Available countrywide - at the MOL filling stations as well
AdBlue® is available countrywide delivered to your site of operations or from MOL filling stations. Outdoor nozzle dispensers are available at the following MOL filling stations:
- Vehicles fitted with SCR (selective catalytic reduction) systems
- Vehicles meeting Euro IV, Euro V and Euro VI nitrogen oxide emission limits
|Strictly controlled quality|
- Technical Data Sheet - AdBlue (pdf, 234 kb)
- Spec AdBlue (pdf, 207 kb)
- Safety Data Sheet - AdBlue (pdf, 313 kb)
- Archive Safety Data Sheet 11 - AdBlue (pdf, 361 kb)
- Archive Safety Data Sheet 10 - AdBlue (pdf, 351 kb)
- Archive Safety Data Sheet 9 - AdBlue (pdf, 317 kb)
- Archive Safety Data Sheet 8 - AdBlue (pdf, 312 kb)
- Archive Safety Data Sheet 7 - AdBlue (pdf, 320 kb)
- Archive Safety Data Sheet 6 - AdBlue (pdf, 313 kb)
- Archive Safety Data Sheet 5 - AdBlue (pdf, 94 kb)
- Archive Safety Data Sheet 4 - AdBlue (pdf, 84 kb)
- Archive Safety Data Sheet 3 - AdBlue (pdf, 96 kb)
Performance levels, approvals
|Density at 20 °C [g/cm3]||1,087 - 1,093|
|Freezing point [°C]||-11,5|
|pH (10%-os deszt.vizes oldat)||9,5|