MOL DOT 4+
Synthetic brake fluid
Specifically recommended for hydraulic brake units in passenger cars, commercial vehicles and building machines equipped with anti-lock braking systems (ABS) and active stability control systems (ASC), where the prescribed dry boiling point for the DOT 4 quality brake fluid is 265°C or higher and the wet boiling point is 170°C or higher.
MOL brake fluids: Extra performance for safer braking
Brake fluids are working fluids which are extremely important to active vehicle safety systems. They have to provide perfect protection and deliver high performance so as to guarantee effective braking and safe stops. Selecting the right quality and changing the brake fluid in a timely manner may save your life!
MOL brake fluids provide maximum performance and deliver reliable protection even under extreme loads:
- Within the recommended change cycle, perfect water management capacity prevents formation of steam bubbles which can “soften” the braking system even in cases of intensive braking. It can also prevent generation of ice crystals deriving from water entering the braking system during extremely cold weather which means you do not suffer any disturbing results. These fluids provide maximum performance in all situations thus ensuring safe and trouble-free braking
- They far out-perform requirements as defined by relevant international standards so optimum braking efficiency is guaranteed
- These fluids may also be perfectly applied to braking systems equipped with state-of-the-art safety equipment such as ABS, ESP, ASR, etc.
- Corrosion inhibitor additives ensure high-level protection of metallic parts in the braking system, thus guaranteeing longer lifetimes for these components
- They perfectly complement non-metallic structural materials, cause no damage to rubber and plastics components in the braking system and cause no changes in size and hardness.
- Hydraulic brake and clutch systems in vehicles
- Hydraulic brake equipment with anti-lock braking system (ABS) and active stability control (ASC)
|Outstanding moisture absorbtion capacity|
|Excellent wear protection|
|Low pour point|
|Compatible with construction materials|
|Excellent corrosion protection|
- Technical Data Sheet - MOL DOT 4+ (pdf, 227 kb)
- Spec MOL DOT 4+ (pdf, 176 kb)
- Safety Data Sheet - MOL DOT 4+ (pdf, 285 kb)
- Archive Safety Data Sheet 6 - MOL DOT 4+ (pdf, 271 kb)
- Archive Safety Data Sheet 5 - MOL DOT 4+ (pdf, 267 kb)
- Archive Safety Data Sheet 4 - MOL DOT 4+ (pdf, 112 kb)
- Archive Safety Data Sheet 3 - MOL DOT 4+ (pdf, 264 kb)
Performance levels, approvals
SAE J 1704
ISO 4925 Class 4
|Kinematic viscosity at 100°C [mm2/s]||2,34|
|Kinematic viscosity at -40 °C [mm2/s]||1315|
|Density at 20 °C [g/cm3]||1,04|
|Boiling point [°C]||270|
|Wet boiling point [°C]||163|