EVOX Premium concentrate
Antifreeze coolant concentrate
Peak quality long lifetime anti-freeze concentrate developed specifically for modern, high-performance aluminium engines. Provides maximum protection against corrosion, freezing and over-heating and prevents scaling, sediments and cavitation in the engine and cooling system. .
Why to choose EVOX coolants?
EVOX antifreeze coolants provide maximum protection against corrosion, freezing and overheating, and protect engines from common failures such as cavitation and scale and deposit formation.
- Compared to conventional coolants, EVOX has a more than three times longer lifetime which permits longer change intervals and is therefore more cost efficient and an environmentally considerate solution.
- EVOX antifreeze coolants provide all-round protection and outstanding performance thus ensuring longer life for your vehicle’s engine and cooling system resulting in lower maintenance costs.
- EVOX antifreeze coolants have leading vehicle manufacturers’ approvals and meet the highest requirements of the latest vehicle designs
- Suitable for a wide range of applications: ideal for passenger cars, commercial vehicles and buses.
Tips for use
- Completely replace the coolant, always; flush and clean the cooling system according to your vehicle manufacturer’s recommendation.
- For vehicles more than six years old, it is advisable to replace the coolant every three to four years!
- Never mix coolants made using different technologies!
- Use distilled or deionised water to dilute the coolant!
- Always follow the vehicle manufacturer’s instructions!
- Always observe the correct mixing ratio!
- For top-ups, use the same coolant as before, if possible.
- Only diluted fluid should be used for top-ups!
WHY DO ENGINE COOLANTS HAVE TO BE CHANGED?
Corrosive molecules result from the degradation of the ethylene glycol contained in coolant and the gradual degradation of additives and inhibitors. This degradation is caused by high temperatures occurring in the engine cooling system. That is why the coolant in a vehicle has to be changed regularly every 3–5 years – even long-life coolants.
CAN ENGINE COOLANTS BE DISCHARGED INTO THE SEWERS?
No. This would constitute an offence under waste disposal legislation and is punishable by law.
CAN ENGINE COOLANT CONCENTRATES BE USED UNDILUTED ?
No. All engine coolant concentrates must be mixed with distilled water. Only in this way can the required protection be guaranteed. An undiluted coolant product would not remove enough heat from the engine which would thus result in overheating. Undiluted concentrates can also freeze in the winter.
IN WHAT RATIO SHOULD EVOX COOLANT CONCENTRATE BE MIXED WITH DISTILLED WATER?
We recommend diluting Evox with distilled water at a ratio of 1:1 (-37/38°C) or 1:1,5 (-25°C), to ensure optimum protection against freezing and corrosion. No more than 60% concentrate should be used.
CAN “NORMAL” TAP WATER BE USED FOR DILUTING THE COOLANT?
Although clean water with hardness values of 0–20°dH can be used to dilute the coolant, it is advisable to use distilled or deionised water.
HOW IMPORTANT ARE VEHICLE MANUFACTURER RECOMMENDATIONS?
Automobile manufacturers do not “recommend” engine coolants; they only issue standards or specifications for use. You should therefore pay careful attention to the clearances and approvals that have actually been issued when you are purchasing coolant so it is preferable to buy coolants which have vehicle manufacturer’s approval.
HOW LONG DO EVOX PRODUCTS REMAIN USABLE ?
In original sealed containers: 4 years from the date of manufacture.
In the vehicle, i.e. diluted with distilled water: you should follow the advice given by the vehicle manufacturer.
ARE EVOX COOLANTS HARMFUL?
Evox coolants contain glycol/ethanediol and are harmful if swallowed. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Keep out of the reach of children. If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show the container or label.
Lower your maintenance costs by expert prevention!
YOUR COOLING SYSTEM IS DEFENCELESS WITHOUT A PROPER ANTIFREEZE COOLANT!
The importance of high quality antifreeze coolants is proven by the fact that almost a quarter of all engine failures are caused by defective cooling systems.
At very low temperatures:
- Fuel combustion will not be perfect and the efficiency of the engine will fall short of the maximum level and fuel consumption will then increase
- Pollutant and contaminant emissions will increase, except for nitrogen oxides
- Diesel particle filters need more frequent changing meaning significantly higher costs
- Friction losses in the engine will be higher leading to further increases in fuel consumption
At very high temperatures:
- Excessive thermal load will cause high stress to structural materials in the engine, increasing the number of spare part changes
- Higher motor wear and shorter lifetimes
- Higher nitrogen oxide emissions
- Higher AdBlue® consumption and shorter catalyst lifetimes in engines equipped with SCR catalytic converters.
The cause of most malfunctions or problems in the cooling system – deposit formation, corrosion, etc. – is due to the poor quality or incorrectly selected or excessively used coolant (i.e. used well beyond its lifetime). Inadequate coolant may cause damage to the heating radiators in the driver and passenger compartments and may endanger other equipment related to the cooling system.
LOWER YOUR MAINTENANCE COSTS BY EXPERT PREVENTION!
Good quality coolants, suitable for the type and age of every vehicle, are essential for the longer operating lives of cooling systems and engines. Unsuitable, poor quality antifreeze coolants worsen cooling performance and lead to overheated engines, engine part failures and cooling system leaks.
For optimal cooling operations, a total coolant change is needed periodically. Conventional antifreeze coolants need to be changed after 1 or 2 years’ operation, while long-life coolants only need to be changed every 3 to 5 years or so, depending on use.
Being aware of the status of the coolant and the cooling system and implementing necessary interventions can prevent or eliminate most break downs and malfunctions resulting in significant cost savings.
- Cooling sytems of passenger and commercial vehicles, agricultural and construction machines and stationary gas engines
- Cooling systems containing cast iron, aluminium and copper parts
|Good corrosion protection|
|Application specific composition|
|Compatible with construction materials|
- Technical Data Sheet - EVOX Premium concentrate (pdf, 318 kb)
- Spec EVOX Premium concentrate (pdf, 211 kb)
- Safety Data Sheet - EVOX Premium concentrate (pdf, 263 kb)
- Archive Safety Data Sheet 4 - EVOX Premium concentrate (pdf, 274 kb)
- Archive Safety Data Sheet 3 - EVOX Premium concentrate (pdf, 396 kb)
- Archive Safety Data Sheet 2 - EVOX Premium concentrate (pdf, 298 kb)
- Archive Safety Data Sheet 1 - EVOX Premium concentrate (pdf, 234 kb)
Performance levels, approvals
MAN 324 Typ SNF
MTU MTL 5048
ASTM D 3306
ASTM D 4985
ASTM D 6210
Saab B 040 1065
VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda TL 774-D (VW code G12)
VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda TL 774-F (VW code G12 Plus)
MAN Diesel & Turbo SE
MAN D36 5600
CNH MAT 3624
Caterpillar MAK A4.05.09.01
Cummins CES 14603
Cummins CES 14439
Cummins IS series u N14
Mack 014 GS 17009
Jenbacher TI 1000-0201
Deutz DQC CB-14
Jaguar CMR 8229
SACM Diesel DLP799861
Komatsu 07.892 (2009)
Detroit Diesel Power Cool Plus
Foton Q-FPT 2313005-2013
John Deere JDMH5
Renault 41-01-001/-S Type D
Volvo Trucks 128 6083/002
|Appearance||pink, bright, clear|
|Density at 20 °C [g/cm3]||1,113|
|Flash point (Cleveland) [°C]||128|
|Alkalinity [ml 0,1M HCl/10 ml]||6,0|
|Water content (Karl Fischer) [mass %]||3,1|
|Refractive index at 20 °C||1,4320|
|Boiling point [°C]||180|